David Bowie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Bowie

A David Bowie Forum.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

any news on what david bowie is doing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vickymason
Absolute Beginner

any news on what david bowie is doing Empty
PostSubject: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:10 am

hi i would like any new news on what david is doing and if he has any plans to do a cd in futter or a tour with less pressure on him
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:23 am

There is no indication that Bowie will return to music. Sorry. Actually, there isn't much news at all (that I know off). He's become very much a private man.
Back to top Go down
vickymason
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:35 am

has david bowie got a twitter account and on it he has said new projects and new songs comeing very soon is it true
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:39 am

I'm not entierly up to date on this, but db did not have a twitter account as of earlier this year. There's an imposter on twitter though, a guy who sometimes posts things like "Hanging out in Berlin, working on my new album", but it is all a lie. I followed him for a while... but not anymore. In theory, Bowie COULD have gotten a twitter account latelly, but I do not think so. He's not a public figure at the moment and if he does have one it would likely be secret.

His son is fun to follow though - a lovely geek and excellent film director that one Smile ("ManMadeMoon")

By the way, the official homepage is www.davidbowie.com, and this has a somewhat busy "News" section. Although it covers EVERYTHING even remotely connected to Bowie, and there is rarely anything about the man himself. Its still cool though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:46 am

Here's an old news thingy about Bowie and his twitter imposter. http://www.nme.com/news/david-bowie/42375
Back to top Go down
vickymason
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 am

if you go on twitter it is david robert jones @ david bowie uk and it as nyc ny on it could this realy be his acount could you cheeck and see what you think
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:25 am

You can also follow Iman, if you want to know which kind of salad David prefers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 am

vickymason wrote:
if you go on twitter it is david robert jones @ david bowie uk and it as nyc ny on it could this realy be his acount could you cheeck and see what you think

Let me see... Neither Iman nor Duncan Jones (Zowie Bowie) is following this David Robert Jones, and the account has not been verified as being actually David Bowie (there is a grey check behind the name, but this looks nothing like the proper "verified" check). No, this is a hoax Neutral
Back to top Go down
vickymason
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:23 am

hi there is on twitter david bowie@davidrjones could this be david bowie if it has it web site information to go to
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:02 pm

I don't think so. He is not varified and the website info is just a link. Anybody can link to anything. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
jrdrummer20
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Slow Burn - David Bowie new project?   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:34 am

vickymason wrote:
hi i would like any new news on what david is doing and if he has any plans to do a cd in futter or a tour with less pressure on him

Saw this today in the Evening Standard (london paper).... Could be a new project he is working on with Tony Visconti?!

Thin White Duke

"The singer, was wowed by the distinctive version of Slow Burn by Films of Colour when it was played to him by producer Tony Visconti."

But there is nothing up yet! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:38 am

Here's an update on the Bowie/twitter-situation. This is streight from the official website, Bowie does not have a twitter account - it is still just imposters playing tricks on his fans.

http://www.davidbowie.com/news/index.php?id=20111103
Back to top Go down
Son Of Silent Age
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:13 am

From Robert Fripp's diary:

Saturday, 15th October 2011

Bredonborough.

Rising from traveling adventures, in ‘planes and cars. Dropping off along to way to visit David Bowie, and it gradually appeared that David had some remarkable new ideas in process, not yet public. These he presented indirectly, to allow the penny to drop without prompting. Eno also got involved, and what a flowering of ideas!
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:28 am

Is this known to be authentic? Where is this rumor from?
I would be cautious to jump at conclusions here, (if true this COULD also be a non-musical project for all we know), but if this turns out to be correct it would be awesome indeed!

I remain sceptically optimistic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Son Of Silent Age
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:41 am

I can't post the direct link because I'm a new user. I don't know if new ideas are musical projects or something else but I know that the source is authentic because it comes from Robert Fripp's authentic web diary (you can read it on dmglive). Greetings from Italy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:09 am

This sounds very promissing. Lets hope something become of it Smile
Welcome, by the way. Isn't there a Bowie radio or radio show in Italy? The one that has made a couple of phone interviews with Angela Bowie over the years?
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:11 am

So, on the Fripp's Diary thing (http://www.dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?member=3) the last entry is from October 29th. Is that because I am not a registered member? Is the open diary 3-ish weeks behind the members' one?
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:51 am

Apparently, Gail Ann Dorsey (Bowie's basist from 1995 and onwards) claimed in January 2010 that Bowie was winding up to work on a new album, this supposedly in a Dutch interview. I have no idea if this is true though, and I remain sceptical. Still, it would be awesome

Here's the link: http://handthatfeeds.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/david-bowie-is-working-on-a-new-album/
Back to top Go down
Son Of Silent Age
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:24 am

Dorsey's Dutch interview is fake. Few days after the "interview" Gail Ann herself denied the news. Nowadays the only reliable rumor about Bowie's return is the message on Fripp's diary. It's the only news about a new work by Bowie who has not been disproved in a few days by Bowienet. I hope that it can be a good sign.
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks on the update. I was sceptical to the interview seeing as it hadn't gotten much attention.

Still, it will be interesting to see if anything comes of this Fripp-leak Smile
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:20 am

For those of you who follow Fripp, has there been any update on this? Any discussion, denial, or other comments?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any news on what david bowie is doing   any news on what david bowie is doing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any news on what david bowie is doing
Page 1 of 1