David Bowie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Bowie

A David Bowie Forum.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TOY (unreleased album leaked!)

Go down 
+2
Michaela
Eleanor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eleanor
Queen Bitch
Eleanor

TOY (unreleased album leaked!) Empty
PostSubject: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:48 am

A lost David Bowie album, which has been locked in a dispute with the rocker's record label for a decade, has been leaked online.

The unreleased record, entitled Toy, was shelved in 2001, according to Antiquiet.com.

It featured mostly reworked rare tracks from Bowie's early years.

Virgin Records bosses refused to release the project, but now it has mysteriously appeared on several file-sharing websites.

--------

AND HERE IS THE LINK!

http://www.mediafire.com/?xstxbxxhdoitt32

I'm shaking with excitement! I had to send it to everyone! Enjoy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Michaela
Admin
Michaela

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:50 am

Thank you, Eleanor! I wonder what Bowie thinks of the leakage.
Back to top Go down
https://davidbowieforum.forumotion.com
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:55 am

Eleanor, the link doesn't work for me - I keep getting redirected (probably because I sit in Norway). Is there another link you think?
Back to top Go down
Eleanor
Queen Bitch
Eleanor

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:34 am

I'm so sorry! The file has been removed. >:
When I see it pop up on the internet again, I'll surely share the link!
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:32 pm

Excellent. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Wild Eyed Duke
Absolute Beginner
Wild Eyed Duke

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Elanor, Do you think that it might be on torrent sites like btjukie or piratebay.com?
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:37 am

I found it as a torrent. Have downloaded it together with lots of other "db - rare" bits, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

I'll post links when I get the chance (but not today)
Back to top Go down
Eleanor
Queen Bitch
Eleanor

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:12 pm

New link!

http://uploaded.to/file/bu9owkv5
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:07 am

I found it here: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6277260/David_Bowie_-_Toy_(mp3)

And also as part of a larger rarity download here: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5033960/David_Bowie__The_Definitive_Rarities_Volume_One
Back to top Go down
Eleanor
Queen Bitch
Eleanor

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Thanks for the links Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:47 pm

No problem :-)

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Ladymoondust
Thin White Duke
Ladymoondust

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:26 pm

thank you very much Very Happy
anyway i just would like to say that all the toy's song already were on youtube before this sharing... i really don't know how... anyway i found it something like one year before!
Is such a great thing to have internet for find his rare works Very Happy
Back to top Go down
badger
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:52 am

I'm just curious, what do others think of this curiosity?

There are some great versions of the old songs on this & it's great to hear the original version of stuff that became heathen. I never quite got the old and new approach? Surely it would've been better to do an album of just old stuff and them an album of new but maybe there wasn't enough material? Heathen itself had quite a few (unnecessary) covers as did Reality... I know he has a tendency to do at least one but since the Scary, any more than one was almost an over-reliance - depending on if the Iggy stuff falls into the cover category (kinda does though doesn't it well for the ones that appeared on Iggy's albums first)...
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:50 am

I tend to like artists interpreting other artists material - I have no problem with covers at all. That said, I do think Heathen is a MUCH better album than Toy.
Back to top Go down
badger
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:55 pm

yeah, I've no problems with covers at all & as artist go, Bowie is a sublime re-interpreter. Like Bryan Ferry, you can trust him to do justice to pretty much any song.

In relation to Heathen, for me, I would have liked it more without the covers. I think it's a very strong album & the covers didn't do much for the album (except maybe add a bit more light in) - not that they're bad covers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOY (unreleased album leaked!)   TOY (unreleased album leaked!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOY (unreleased album leaked!)
Page 1 of 1