David Bowie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Bowie

A David Bowie Forum.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite books.

Go down 
+6
Laur_Roar
Isolar
Eleanor
Bluenose12
MissNewKillerStar
Michaela
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Michaela
Admin
Michaela

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Do you have any favourite books.

Last edited by Michaela on Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://davidbowieforum.forumotion.com
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:35 am

The Prestige by Christopher Priest. It's the book the movie was based on and actually, the book is (if its possible) even better!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose12
Absolute Beginner
Bluenose12

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:07 am

Just about anything by Stephen King
Back to top Go down
Eleanor
Queen Bitch
Eleanor

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Neon Angel by Cherie Currie is a really great book.
The Runaways movie is based off of it.
Not my favorite, but it's still really good.
She's also a Bowie freak. And I can relate to her a lot.
xD

My ACTUAL favorite book is- (Please don't hit me) Harry Potter.
I know, it's one of the most popular books ever.
>__>
Back to top Go down
Isolar
Queen Bitch
Isolar

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:23 am

OMG! I have read the original book for 'The Man Who Fell To Earth' by Walter Tevis, and...... I almost cried at the end! Crying or Very sad It left me full of emotions Sad They do worse things to poor Tommy in the book than in the movie...
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:38 am

Bluenose12 wrote:

I agree completely, but

THE GREEN MILE! Very Happy No affraid

I love that book so much, I found it sadder than the film!
Back to top Go down
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm reading Angels and demons right now. It's actuallt very good!
I once read The saed and the sower, the book Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence was based on... but it was the most boring book I've ever read! Don't read it!!
Back to top Go down
Ladymoondust
Thin White Duke
Ladymoondust

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:58 am

Bluenose12 wrote:

wow, you like bowie and king!!! ahah i like everything about stephen king too!
Back to top Go down
Ladymoondust
Thin White Duke
Ladymoondust

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:00 am

ah and... about bowie i have to say that the bowie enciclopedy wrote by nicholas pegg is the best book about david i have ever found
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:46 pm

I also quite like random horror/crime/fantasy books Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LadyStardust
Queen Bitch
LadyStardust

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:20 am

Eleanor wrote:
Neon Angel by Cherie Currie is a really great book.
The Runaways movie is based off of it.
Not my favorite, but it's still really good.
She's also a Bowie freak. And I can relate to her a lot.
xD

My ACTUAL favorite book is- (Please don't hit me) Harry Potter.
I know, it's one of the most popular books ever.
>__>

I've been looking everywhere for that book!! I watched the film and about 10 minutes in I just thought 'shit. she's practically me.'
Then she started doing drugs and stuff, but anyway, yeah, I can relate to her a lot too Very Happy

My favourite book is a tie between The String Of Pearls, which is the original Sweeney Todd book from the 1800s, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, or Harry Potter
I'm a bit of a Harry Potter nerd Cool *goes to draw lightning scar on forehead*
Back to top Go down
Ladymoondust
Thin White Duke
Ladymoondust

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:20 pm

In these days i am reading very much Burroghs... just for keep talking about David Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angels Have Gone
Absolute Beginner
Angels Have Gone

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 am

Catcher in the Rye it's probably my number 1 book, but I really enjoy also Lolita, Master and the Margarita, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest...what's more...I really like Dickens, Murakami, Kobo Abe and Christopher Moore. And I guess there are much more of them but right know I just don't remember Wink

Last edited by Angels Have Gone on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Mine is Dune, by Frank Herbert.
Back to top Go down
Angels Have Gone
Absolute Beginner
Angels Have Gone

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:26 am

It's a good one. When we talk about scifi I would also add H.G. Wells, M. Shelley and his Frankenstein Smile
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:40 am

I'm currently reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, and although the film adaption is WAY better, it is an interesting story. Philip K. Dick is a master of making you wonder just what's going on - things often make no sense at all, heh heh
Back to top Go down
Angels Have Gone
Absolute Beginner
Angels Have Gone

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:52 am

Yeah, that's just all about Philip K. Dick. I see You're really into sci-fi Smile
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:44 am

Angels Have Gone wrote:
Yeah, that's just all about Philip K. Dick. I see You're really into sci-fi Smile
Very much so. It is the most interesting ganre for me, although there is a lot of crap out there (but that's true in any ganre I guess).

Asimov is cool. Haven't read the Robot saga yet... Should probably have a go at that. What Scifi books would you(or anyone) recomend?
Back to top Go down
Angels Have Gone
Absolute Beginner
Angels Have Gone

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 am

Have you ever heard about well known polish sci-fi writer Stanislaw Lem? (I couldn't post external link here, but check him on wiki Wink)

I've read Tales of Pirx the Pilot, Katar (The Cold), Solaris and Eden. There are really good.
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:58 pm

I have heard about him. I saw Solaris, and I think Asimov mentioned him in an article once. But I haven't read anything by him. I'll definitelly put him on the list! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favourite books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite books.   Favourite books. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite books.
Page 1 of 1