David Bowie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Bowie

A David Bowie Forum.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ripper Street

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shot.
Absolute Beginner
shot.

Ripper Street Empty
PostSubject: Ripper Street   Ripper Street I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Hey,

Has anyone been watching that show Ripper Street on, well for me its, BBC America?
I love the whole Jack the Ripper thing. I watch the precursor to Ripper Street. It was that documentary on BBC America about Jack the Ripper. I was kind of disappointed because
I like the part where the inspector went to the photographer's darkroom and the inspector noticed that someone washed off what was written on the wall. That was pretty cool. And I liked that fight was pretty awesome. And when the busted that guy who was making those smut films... that was good.. because the inspector was all mesmerized by the camera that made a moving picture. And then the photographer burned. Wow. I haven't seen much of it but I will keep watching, thats for sure.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wolfet.web44.net
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

Ripper Street Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripper Street   Ripper Street I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 1:01 pm

I haven't watched it, but I think I will in the near future. I'm very much into the late 19th century as a time period, and the Ripper case is simply delightfully horrible, heh heh. I recomend the Jack The Ripper-walk in London, very cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
shot.
Absolute Beginner
shot.

Ripper Street Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripper Street   Ripper Street I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 3:37 pm

You definately should.
I'm into that time period as well, they did a good job at conveying it on the show.
And I agree with you about the Ripper case.
I didn't know there was a Ripper-walk. That is very cool.
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

Ripper Street Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripper Street   Ripper Street I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 3:46 pm

Actually, there are several Ripper-walks, but there is one "original" which I did. It was lead by Donald Rumbelow, who have been the consultant on basically every Jack the Ripper show there ever was, and he knew his stuff. Highly recomended Smile
Back to top Go down
shot.
Absolute Beginner
shot.

Ripper Street Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripper Street   Ripper Street I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Awesome. If I ever go to London, I will definitely check it out.

I'm also going to check out the Third Reich tour if I ever go to Germany. I think that would be just as cool.

I always heard Jack the Ripper was some kind of doctor or a mortician because of the way the bodies were cut.... I think that is what is so interesting about the whole thing.. the Ripper could have been someone who was trusted in the community. I don't think they'll ever figure it out. I think I will dig in to the Ripper case more.
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

Ripper Street Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripper Street   Ripper Street I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm

I visited Berlin in November last year, and although I didn't do the Third Reich thing (I did museums instead), I did go on a Bowie-&-Iggy-in-Berlin tour thing and it was quite fantastic Very Happy I recomend it to everyone.

As for Jack the Ripper, they won't ever figure it out - there just isn't any evidence available to do so, and after c.125 years there is unlikely that any revolutionary evidence will turn up. As for the Ripper being a doctor, that is a strong posibility, but (taken from memory) the first physician to perform and autopsy on one of the earliest victims dismissed the notion outright. It is mostly in the aftermath years that the doctor theory has become established fact in various media Smile

In all likelyhood, I feel, he was a clever madman murderer who got away whith it, possibly becase he was locked up for some other crime or insanity and was therefore kept from killing again, or he might have moved on aboard one of the countless ships sailing out of London, or he simply died and never left enough evidence to make him a suspect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ripper Street Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripper Street   Ripper Street I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ripper Street
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
David Bowie :: Non David Bowie :: TV and Film-
Jump to: