David Bowie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Bowie

A David Bowie Forum.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lady GaGa.

Go down 
+6
Isolar
Rebii
MissNewKillerStar
Eleanor
Bluenose12
Laur_Roar
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:59 am

What do people think of her? I love her. She idealises Bowie's fashion sense, therefore got inspiration from him....
Back to top Go down
Bluenose12
Absolute Beginner
Bluenose12

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:23 pm

I'm probably showing my age on this one but......Nooooooooooooo!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:24 pm

I know a 50 something person who loves her! Age isn't an excuse! No
Back to top Go down
Eleanor
Queen Bitch
Eleanor

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:03 pm

I think she's okay, but she's REALLY overrated.
I do like her newest song, You and I. I heard it once or twice.
If she wrote more songs like that, I'd probably listen to her more.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose12
Absolute Beginner
Bluenose12

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Laur_Roar wrote:
I know a 50 something person who loves her! Age isn't an excuse! No

OK then....Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! clown Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:30 pm

I think that she is as brave as Bowie for trying things that aren't necessarily exceptable in today's views, plus I love her music Smile
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Eleanor wrote:
I think she's okay, but she's REALLY overrated

I didn't see you'd replied sorry Embarassed

In what way do you think she's overrated? I'm not obsessed with her or her music so I won't be offended, just interested :]
Back to top Go down
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:59 pm

I like some of her songs, but I think it's a pity that people in my age think she's so brave and knows how to get publicity, but in fact David did almost exactly the same things 30 years ago... She just "steals" his ideas :p
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 4:03 pm

MissNewKillerStar wrote:
I like some of her songs, but I think it's a pity that people in my age think she's so brave and knows how to get publicity, but in fact David did almost exactly the same things 30 years ago... She just "steals" his ideas :p

I realise this, however I think it's more like inspiration as she hasn't copied any outfits, I would want to be like him if I was going to be a singer!!!

Also, I still think it's brave wearing controversial outfits, no matter what year it is!
Back to top Go down
Eleanor
Queen Bitch
Eleanor

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Laur_Roar wrote:
Eleanor wrote:
I think she's okay, but she's REALLY overrated

I didn't see you'd replied sorry Embarassed

In what way do you think she's overrated? I'm not obsessed with her or her music so I won't be offended, just interested :]

Well, she's not that great of a singer or song writer.
I think she uses extreme costumes to get noticed, since her music isn't that great.
Back to top Go down
Rebii
Absolute Beginner
Rebii

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 am

I can respect her as an artist, and obviously she's alright in my books since she likes Bowie. However, it annoys me when my friends talk about stuff she's done and how 'original' she is. A perfect example of this is that picture of her with a lightning bolt on her face, one of my friends loves that picture and thinks it's so creative and unique. She doesn't like to listen to me when I tell her that David Bowie did that exact same thing thirty years earlier. Grr.
Back to top Go down
Isolar
Queen Bitch
Isolar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Personally...I think she is a no tallent, she takes things... a little too far... I don't know how to describe it...
And apparantly, all of her film clips are a tribute to Bowie =\
Back to top Go down
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:09 pm

Rebii wrote:
I can respect her as an artist, and obviously she's alright in my books since she likes Bowie. However, it annoys me when my friends talk about stuff she's done and how 'original' she is. A perfect example of this is that picture of her with a lightning bolt on her face, one of my friends loves that picture and thinks it's so creative and unique. She doesn't like to listen to me when I tell her that David Bowie did that exact same thing thirty years earlier. Grr.

That's exactly what I think too!
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Rebii wrote:
She doesn't like to listen to me when I tell her that David Bowie did that exact same thing thirty years earlier. Grr.

The hilarious thing about that is, I have a friend and we have the exact same things as she's obsessed with GaGa and I'm obsessed with Bowie cheers
Back to top Go down
Isolar
Queen Bitch
Isolar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Bowie was even the first major star to perform the moonwalk....yeah lots of people did it before him, but he was the first major, as i said. Jackson, when he was still black and a young fellow, went to watch the Diamond Dogs tour. Michael took some of Bowies moves and improved them... =S anyways its on wikipedia just search moonwalk.
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:19 am

Isolar wrote:
Bowie was even the first major star to perform the moonwalk....yeah lots of people did it before him, but he was the first major, as i said. Jackson, when he was still black and a young fellow, went to watch the Diamond Dogs tour. Michael took some of Bowies moves and improved them... =S anyways its on wikipedia just search moonwalk.

WOW Smile
Back to top Go down
Rebii
Absolute Beginner
Rebii

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:24 am

Laur_Roar wrote:
Isolar wrote:

WOW Smile

That's what I thought when I first read that, but it definitely makes sense, Bowie did everything first Cool

I tried telling my mum that but she'd just stop me and say "Bullshit." It's hard to convince some people.
Back to top Go down
Isolar
Queen Bitch
Isolar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:27 am

Rebii wrote:
Laur_Roar wrote:
Isolar wrote:

WOW Smile

That's what I thought when I first read that, but it definitely makes sense, Bowie did everything first Cool

I tried telling my mum that but she'd just stop me and say "Bullshit." It's hard to convince some people.

LOL xD I know aye' I hate that when people deny the truth... did you show her On Wikipedia?
Back to top Go down
Rebii
Absolute Beginner
Rebii

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:46 am

Isolar wrote:
Rebii wrote:
Laur_Roar wrote:
Isolar wrote:

WOW Smile

LOL xD I know aye' I hate that when people deny the truth... did you show her On Wikipedia?

No point, she thinks everything on Wikipedia is crap too. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Isolar
Queen Bitch
Isolar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:49 am

Rebii wrote:
Isolar wrote:
Rebii wrote:
Laur_Roar wrote:
Isolar wrote:

WOW Smile

No point, she thinks everything on Wikipedia is crap too. *sigh*

Uhhhggg.... =\ But it's Wikipedia.... Sad thats not fair... if she was my mum i would just keep saying, no its the truth! lol =D
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:34 am

Rebii wrote:
Laur_Roar wrote:

WOW Smile

That's what I thought when I first read that, but it definitely makes sense, Bowie did everything first

This is so true, he really is amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Hahah ALL the Non Bowie topics end up being about David anyway :p

Always when I hear a new Gaga song, I hate it but after a while I love it! I don't know why!
Back to top Go down
Ladymoondust
Thin White Duke
Ladymoondust

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:21 am

i don't know her very much... but for what i know i can say that i don't like her... i neither comapare her with David, 'cause for me David is not comparable with anyone ... but i just cant find in her something wich make me think : i have to listen this song again!
Back to top Go down
Ladymoondust
Thin White Duke
Ladymoondust

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:21 am

yeees finally i am little wonder! Smile
Back to top Go down
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:44 am

You know I ususally dont like that kind of music... and I'm not sure if I really like her music either... But I know that she's very smart Toung She knows how to get publicity... But so did David so that's not anything new. but anyway Toung
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lady GaGa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady GaGa.   Lady GaGa. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lady GaGa.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
David Bowie :: Non David Bowie :: Other Singers-
Jump to: