David Bowie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Bowie

A David Bowie Forum.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduce yourself.

Go down 
+16
macarawni
RedBessRead
Angelman
sanna_o75
Ladymoondust
LadyStardust
Triever
Eleanor
Rebii
Laur_Roar
TotalBlamBlam
ZIGGYHere2PlayHm
BlueMoon
GothicBowie
lady stardust
Michaela
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

Introduce yourself. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:05 am

Hi there, Bowie people.

I'm a Norwegian, close to 35yoa., and have been a Bowie fane for a mere 15 years or so. In 2004 I decided against seeing his Reality Tour show in my town (Bergen) as I, in my wisdom, thought "I can always see him the next time he comes around. A week later he suffered his heart attack - poor man. Well, it serves me right not to go see him when he came around, heh heh.

In RL I'm a Scholar of Religions specialized in New Age and Occultism stuff.

Good to be here Smile

Vidar aka Angelman
Back to top Go down
Michaela
Admin
Michaela

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:24 am

Welcome to the forum, Angelman.
Back to top Go down
https://davidbowieforum.forumotion.com
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:32 pm

By the Leper Messiah! You guys are young! Surprised

On this site I'm an ancient, heh heh heh. Kudos to all the Bowie boys and girls! Good to know bowiemania lives on in new generations cheers
Back to top Go down
RedBessRead
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:21 am

Hi,

I've been following on Twitter for a while but this is my first visit to the actual forum. I am a MASSIVE Bowie fan - I have every album, I've seen every movie etc.

I almost got to meet him once, but it didn't work out Sad (A friend of the band was at the same concert as I was and had a backstage pass. She was going to take me backstage too but I got the message too late. I wouldn't have met him anyway as he didn't hang around long after the concert but still it would have been cool to meet Gail, Sterling, Mike and Earl Slick. Oh well.)

- RedBessRead
Back to top Go down
macarawni
Absolute Beginner
macarawni

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:19 am

Hey!

I'm more of a new Bowie fan. Extremely new actually, ive only been interested in everything David Bowie for about 2 weeks now, but it feels like it's been years. Also I'm a bit of a lonely fan, age 13, living in a really remote place (that I can't disclose sadly) and I know of only one local Bowie fan. The librarian. Anyways Im unable to force my obsession on ANYONE, do naturally I join a forum of hardcore Bowie fans to express myself more openly. I hope to have fun here :3

Ps. HELLO ALL!!!
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 pm

RedBessRead: Too bad you didn’t get to meet Bowie and the band. Hopefully he’ll tour again someday (although I seriously doubt it).

Macarawni, you’re very eloquent for a 13 year old – are you sure you aren’t some dirty old dude tying to influence us “young” impressionable Bowie people? Toung Just kidding, hehe Wink

I hope your Bowie obsession lasts for a lifetime! Smile
Back to top Go down
playlife
Absolute Beginner
playlife

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Hey peeps

Always been a casual Bowie fan, but only really got into his stuff in the last year or so. He is making a lasting impression on me already as Aladdin Sane has become my desert island album.

Also own Ziggy, Hunky Dory and Let's Dance although I haven't got round listening to the latter yet. Why?

Because I have an obsession with doing things in order so I have decided to start at the very beginning and brought the debut album and all its extras. To be honest it's not great but it has 'Laughing Gnome' so I'm happy. Space Oddity next when I have some cash Smile

Good to see younger people than me on this forum, I thought I was the youngest Bowie fan in the galaxy! I look forward to reading all your contributions though.

Wham Bam, thank you mam Wink

Danno x
Back to top Go down
macarawni
Absolute Beginner
macarawni

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:32 pm

@angleman: eloquent... That's really nice, it just made my day, but I normally I consider myself to be just honest (and actually that sounds a bit conceded, but I assure you I'm far from that) Also just to give everyone some peice of mind I'm not some old creeper Bowie fan, simply a girl who is rather different than the average surrounding population. XD it's cool to hear untainted opinions of myself!
Back to top Go down
Eleanor
Queen Bitch
Eleanor

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:41 pm

playlife- I'm exactly the same. I always have to start at the beginning of things.
Angelman- Aw, that sucks! I was too little to want to go then. Haha. *Hopefully* he'll tour one more time.
macarawni- Hello! I felt the same way. No one cared much for Bowie so I turned to the internet. I thought I was the only one, but it turns out that there's tons of people like me that around my age!

Welcome everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:19 am

playlife: You're in for a helluva ride from The Man Who Sold the World through the 70s and beyond. Good luck! By the way, from your profile pic I assume you're a Placebo/Brian Molko fan? Have you seen Brians cover of Bowie's "Five Years"? It is a lot busier than the original, but I like it a lot :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXG5_U_VNHc&playnext=1&list=PLB6F0BFE7627F0CCD Also, the "Without You I'm Nothing" version featuring Bowie is awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2xEWLHNwW0

macarawni: Are you sure? Suspect Just kidding Toung Good to have you here!

To all: It's very good to see so many young fans of Bowie. It makes me happy indeed bounce
Back to top Go down
playlife
Absolute Beginner
playlife

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:04 am

@Angelman: Yea, big Molko/Placebo fan but I was fearing the worst before I first heard the 'Five Years' cover, but honestly I think he sells it really well. =)

Not a huge fan of WYIN collab' with Bowie but that's because I thought the original was perfect, maybe I haven't gave it a chance though.
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:34 pm

[quote="playlifeNot a huge fan of WYIN collab' with Bowie but that's because I thought the original was perfect, maybe I haven't gave it a chance though.[/quote]

Heh heh, fair enough. And if you watch the video without the bluring effect halfway through, you'll see that the show (except for Bowie's singing) is obviously a playback Wink
Back to top Go down
Angels Have Gone
Absolute Beginner
Angels Have Gone

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 am

Hello everyone! It's so great for me find another David's forum. I was born on Mars, but I I've fallen to Earth, right now I live in Poland, but still looking for my place... In one and only polish forum I'm a moderator. I met David some time ago (has to be now about 12 years ago) in "Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo". Then, I guess I was not mature enough to get to know to his music and such a great personality...but I knew that one day he'll back to me, I mean of course - his music. I know that the movie is quite good, but in fact I remember just "Station to Station" - one of my favourite songs, and for sure - favourite album.

Personally, Bowie to me is someone more than a musician, artist. He's a genious, that's sure, but for me he's someone who gave me hope that i really needed. His music give me hope and much more...and I guess that's it.

Oh, it's very nice to meet more worldwide Bowie fans Wink
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Welcome, Angels Have Gone Smile

Yeah, there's people from all over the place here, as there should be at a Bowie forum!

And yeah, Station to Station is just brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Angels Have Gone
Absolute Beginner
Angels Have Gone

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:07 am

Thanks Smile And - if You guys want to - can call me just Angels, I guess it could be just cofortable Smile
Back to top Go down
BowieFan
Absolute Beginner
BowieFan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Welcome Angels. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Smile
Back to top Go down
eti
Absolute Beginner
eti

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:25 am

Hi, Eric here. That's me in my avatar. I'm 49 and been a big fan of David Bowie's since the '70s. I have long called him my idol even though I don't own all his records. He's the best, though!

Later this year when I turn 50, I plan to have a "Golden Years" karaoke party. Wink
Maybe soon I'll make some videos of me covering Bowie. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Welcome eti, and please do post you Bowie coves videos Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Introduce yourself. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
David Bowie :: Announcements :: Introductions-
Jump to: