David Bowie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Bowie

A David Bowie Forum.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.

Go down 
+6
Isolar
Ladymoondust
patbowie
Eleanor
MissNewKillerStar
Michaela
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Michaela
Admin
Michaela

Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. Empty
PostSubject: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:17 am

You can use this space to talk about any of David Bowie's songs and lyrics here.

Last edited by Michaela on Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://davidbowieforum.forumotion.com
Michaela
Admin
Michaela

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:29 am

All of David Bowie lyrics from his main albums are now up. All bonus track lyrics and single song lyrics will be up soon.
Back to top Go down
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi!
I know that in the end of Life on mars, there's a phone ringing, but also a voice... Does anyone know what the voice says? :p
And also in Ashes to ashes, he speaks in the background sometimes... I know that in the "I never did good things"-part he just says the same thing as he sings, but in the vers he says something else... what? :p
Back to top Go down
Eleanor
Queen Bitch
Eleanor

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 11:10 pm

MissNewKillerStar wrote:
Hi!
I know that in the end of Life on mars, there's a phone ringing, but also a voice... Does anyone know what the voice says? :p
And also in Ashes to ashes, he speaks in the background sometimes... I know that in the "I never did good things"-part he just says the same thing as he sings, but in the vers he says something else... what? :p

For your Life on Mars question:
I have a book about all of his songs from 1970-1980.
It says:
As the strings and 2001-style tympani crash to a climax, a studio telephone can be heard ringing and a voice mutters, "Mind the phone."

For Ashes to Ashes:
I got this from some Facebook page

Here

(nothing but the shrieking of nothing)
The shrieking of nothing is killing

(pictures of jap girls in synthesis)
Just pictures of jap girls in synthesis and i

(Ain't got no money)
Aint got no...
(and I ain't got no hair)
...money and I...

(knowing the lasting asthetic????)
...aint got no hair
(songs of breezy air underneath the final garden????)

But Im hoping to kick

(But I'm hoping to kick)
but the planet its glowing-glowing...

(planet is glowing, had to go outside before you????)
glowing-glowing-glowing-glowing-glowing....

I don't know if that's what he's really saying.
But yeah, that's all I could find.
Hope I was helpful!
Back to top Go down
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:59 am

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
patbowie
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: masterpiece    Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:52 am

Singer i love station station is a great album and the song sts is fantastic the lyrics are truly inspired...very magic moment!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
patbowie
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: i love it   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:57 am

the album that changed my life thank you bowie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Michaela
Admin
Michaela

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:50 pm

You'll be glad to know a new Station To Station box set is coming out then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ladymoondust
Thin White Duke
Ladymoondust

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:25 pm

me too!

ah ... and , i know is not about the lyric, but i don't know where i can write it... can anyone tell me please when i'll can buy the new bowie calendar please? i heared about that but i don't know when it will come out..
Back to top Go down
Isolar
Queen Bitch
Isolar

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:30 am

I love it when he says...
Locator for the virgin king, but i love you in your Fuck Me PUMPS! ^_^
I always have to sing that bit really loud when i listen to this song.. =D
Back to top Go down
Isolar
Queen Bitch
Isolar

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:34 am

What about misheard lyrics? Has anyone listened to a Bowie song and thought it was something else? But then you look up the lyrics and you go... =\ awwww....
I thought that he said Rick Of Shame... instead of Ricochet! HAHA how stupid! I suppose its not a word i usually hear, so my mind assumed it was something stupid.. xD I mean, knowing Bowie, his lyrics can be anything.. =3
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:36 am

Isolar wrote:
knowing Bowie, his lyrics can be anything.. =3

Oh, how true that is (:
Back to top Go down
Laur_Roar
Major Tom
Laur_Roar

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:36 am

Anyone have a top ten favourite Bowie songs?
Back to top Go down
Michaela
Admin
Michaela

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:06 am

You will be able to get the calendar from Bowie's official site and some shops. When I know the shops, i'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Isolar wrote:
What about misheard lyrics? Has anyone listened to a Bowie song and thought it was something else? But then you look up the lyrics and you go... =\ awwww....
I thought that he said Rick Of Shame... instead of Ricochet! HAHA how stupid! I suppose its not a word i usually hear, so my mind assumed it was something stupid.. xD I mean, knowing Bowie, his lyrics can be anything.. =3

Haha I think I have misheard many words, but nothing turned out funny... :p But I have heard someone who thought he sang "strange vaccinations are killing me" instead of "strange facinations facinate me" Toung
Back to top Go down
Ladymoondust
Thin White Duke
Ladymoondust

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:13 am

MissNewKillerStar wrote:
Isolar wrote:

Haha I think I have misheard many words, but nothing turned out funny... :p But I have heard someone who thought he sang "strange vaccinations are killing me" instead of "strange facinations facinate me" Toung

ahah yes this one is funny! Smile my dad never understand what he says in the songs... and sometimes is really funny! he says it in italian ... so i can try to traslate ... he tought that jean genie was gengive, the italian word for gums Smile and that telling lies was something like telline lesse ... boiled cockles ... ahah i swear, i found my dad singing this words! Smile mine is a crazy family!
Back to top Go down
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:50 am

Ladymoondust wrote:
MissNewKillerStar wrote:
Isolar wrote:

ahah yes this one is funny! Smile my dad never understand what he says in the songs... and sometimes is really funny! he says it in italian ... so i can try to traslate ... he tought that jean genie was gengive, the italian word for gums Smile and that telling lies was something like telline lesse ... boiled cockles ... ahah i swear, i found my dad singing this words! Smile mine is a crazy family!

ahahaah!

I forgot this one... my mum thought Rebel rebel was Red bull devil Toung
Back to top Go down
Ladymoondust
Thin White Duke
Ladymoondust

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:42 am

ahah maybe is better if our parents do not listen do david!
Back to top Go down
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
MissNewKillerStar

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Ladymoondust wrote:
ahah maybe is better if our parents do not listen do david!

Or they should just learn english... :p haha
Back to top Go down
Ladymoondust
Thin White Duke
Ladymoondust

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi i just discovered that David has done, just after Scary Monsters, and album called vampires or human flesh. Is an album make with scary monsters demo, and one instrumental song called life after marriage .

Probably you already know it ... but i just discoverd this album Very Happy Embarassed so i tought to tell you about it .
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Isolar wrote:

I swear that for years I believed the chorus on Rock ‘n’ Roll Suicide sang “Thunderbolt” (instead of “Wonderful”). It didn’t make much sense, but then again it is a Bowie lyrics so… Wink

“Just turn on with me and you're not alone
Let's turn on with me and you're not alone (thunderbolt)
Gimme your hands cause you're a thunderbolt (thunderbolt)
Gimme your hands cause you're a thunderbolt (thunderbolt)”

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:37 pm

OMG Thank you ! I can't stop laughing !!! bounce

In french "Ground control to major Tom" sounds almost EXACTLY like "grand contrôle de mes tétons" which means "Big control of my nipples" xD
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Hehehe, funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:42 am

I was listening to Reality Tour version of All the Young Dudes. I tought David was saying "oh merde" instead of "Oh man" (?) Rolling Eyes

(And i'm supposed to understand english... Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:38 am

Hehehe, db is a dirty boy with a dirty mouth Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.   Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk about Bowie's songs and lyrics.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next