David Bowie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Bowie

A David Bowie Forum.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW ALBUM - The Next Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

NEW ALBUM  - The Next Day Empty
PostSubject: NEW ALBUM - The Next Day   NEW ALBUM  - The Next Day I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:43 am

cheers

It is official, Bowie is releasing a new album this March. It is called The Next Day and the first single is "Where Are We Now?"

http://www.davidbowie.com/the-next-day

Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUM - The Next Day   NEW ALBUM  - The Next Day I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 am

So, what do people think about the "Where Are We Now" single? I find it a beautiful tune full of soul and heart. It gets better the more I listen to it. Although the music video is somewhat difficult to come to terms with. It isn't bad, but I do find it a bit distracting to the music. Comments?
Back to top Go down
badger
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUM - The Next Day   NEW ALBUM  - The Next Day I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 am

Yes, Where are we now, is/was definitely a grower.

Such a clever first single though.

When you hear the rest of the album, they sound like proper Bowie but this fragile little thing was a bit unnerving. Especially after the years of silence and the internet health scares. Coming back with this - while it was great and amazing he was back, it didn't answer really answer any question about 'him', the former recluse. Not even in the video... He was back but in what way? If he came back with the lead of song The Next Day, it was obvious he was back and it rude health, but Where Are We Now was an enigmatic post from a stranger in a strange land.

Couple with the cover art, it totally sideswiped peoples (or at least mine) of what the comeback was going to sound like
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUM - The Next Day   NEW ALBUM  - The Next Day I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:26 am

I see what you mean. I do think the song fits much better on the album than as a single, but as a way of creating a buzz, your probably right in that it was a very clever choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUM - The Next Day   NEW ALBUM  - The Next Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ALBUM - The Next Day
Page 1 of 1