David Bowie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Bowie

A David Bowie Forum.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !

Go down 
+2
playlife
LadyGrinningSoul
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! Empty
PostSubject: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi everyone !

My name is Johanna, i'm 20.

I'm a big fan of God David Bowie (in fact he is the only real person i'm fan). It's a true obsession, my friends must be so annoyed to hear me talking about Bowie (I tried once to not talk about him for an entire day and it was really hard).
So I needed a place to talk with people like me. And here I am !

Please excuse my english, I study english but i'm french. Sorry Crying or Very sad

I warn you i love to say stupid things rendeer

I hope I'll have a lot of fun with you cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
playlife
Absolute Beginner
playlife

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:38 am

Welcome to the site Jo Smile

It's a bit quiet here at the moment, don't know where everyone went in such a hurry so it's good to have someone new.

Your English is fine by the way, probably better than many of the people I know in England where language skills are pretty damn awful.

I had a useless French teacher and failed to progress on some basic German I picked up after leaving school seven years ago, although in a world where time is always against me I would still like to learn a few languages.

oh, thanks for the warning Wink

Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:11 am

Very Happy Thank you very much cheers

I hope people will be back here soon Smile

French is very difficult, even french people don't speak french properly and write french awfully O_O
I can try to help you improving your French if you want to Smile

Last edited by LadyGrinningSoul on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Welcome, LadyGrinningSoul,

Good to have you onboard, and yes, Bowie is awesome Smile

So, how did you find Bowie? And why do you like him? Please do talk about him - let it all out here Wink

I'm Norwegian, and all I can say in French is: "Je ne parlais pas francais" (probably misspelled Wink )

Best wishes,
Angelman
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks !!! Very Happy

He is more than awesome, he is a god x)

So, (if i understand the question Embarassed ) I don't remember exactly, but i heard "Starman" in a Doctor Who or a Torchwood episode and i fell totally in love with that song, and then i've started watching the serie Life on Mars (because of my ex) and in the pilot episode the eponym song is played at the moment Sam suddenly goes back in time and i was just like " Shocked Woooooooow " like if i had a musical orgasm. Two songs i was totally in love with, so i started to listen his Best-of, and other albums and then watching videos and all... and i have become a fan x)

And i like love adore him because he is a genius. I don't know, I love how he makes me dream by his songs and his characters. Besides i'm a big fan of science-fiction, of make-up, of acting... I don't know anyone else doing all these things in the same time as well as he did. Moreover i love his super-originality, his will to shock, his ambiguity. And above all his music, of course ! There's so much things i love about him ! Even if i love as well to laugh at him sometimes... jocolor x)

It's "Je ne parle pas français" actually but "parlais" is not wrong it's just another tense (past). ^^

Be sure i'll post messages everywhere Smile

(sorry, i'm sure i made a lot of tenses mistakes. I hope i'm clear.)
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Thank's for the tense correction. Tenses are a bitch :p

And SciFi rules, by the way! Wink
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Angelman wrote:
Tenses are a bitch :p

And SciFi rules, by the way! Wink

Yeah !!! I totally agree Toung
Back to top Go down
Vicky T
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 pm

My favorite french phrase is "Ja ne se qouis" or something like that lol
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:55 pm

I think it's 'something like that' because "Ja ne se qouis" doesn't make sense... at all Laughing

What is it supposed to mean ? x)
Back to top Go down
Vicky T
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Oh, it's "Je ne sais quois"

haha, ironically, it means "I don't know". it's just a fancy way of saying it.
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Aaah ok !

I don't know = Je ne sais pas

Je ne sais quoi = I don't know what (or something like that x) )
Back to top Go down
Vicky T
Absolute Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Ah, see, this is why it's always good to have french people around Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 am

Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:15 am

cheers to the french Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 am

Embarassed Very Happy cheers to you !

Smile
Back to top Go down
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
Angelman

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:34 am

Wink
Back to top Go down
Eleanor
Queen Bitch
Eleanor

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:12 am

Hello, welcome! I annoy everyone with Bowie all day and night. Sorry for the late reply! I'm one of those people who disappeared. I sort of drifted away from the Bowie fan world and into the Cure fan world, but I'm suddenly obsessed with "Low" again.
Back to top Go down
SalaciaStardust
Major Tom
SalaciaStardust

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:26 am

Rereading this, I realized that LadyGrinningSoul has the same name as my Korean friend Johannah... Who lived in France whe she was young o_O weird...
@Eleanor: happy you came back Very Happy Everyone's posting everywhere so I get confused as to where to reply to them so I, err, guess I'll just do it here. xP I hope more people who "disappeared" from this forum come back too!
Back to top Go down
SalaciaStardust
Major Tom
SalaciaStardust

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:29 am

One more person who's constantly annoying people with my Bowietalk xD nobody knows DB in Korea so I'm the girl who always rants about this random foreign guy at school... I'm turning into a kind of social recluse I think ;-;
And I realized I became a Cracked Actor sometime around now... o_o
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 4:04 am

We are the annoying people Laughing Toung Twisted Evil

Salacia, i've never been to Korea so i'm not you friend Johannah spying on you Wink .
Back to top Go down
SalaciaStardust
Major Tom
SalaciaStardust

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:20 am

Hehe, I suppose you aren't. Toung My friend Jo no likey Bowie anyway... She says she likes "normal" people ;-;

Yes, we annoying Bowie fans gotta stick together, no? I suppose that is what this forum is all about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LadyGrinningSoul
Thin White Duke
LadyGrinningSoul

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 pm

(So she's definitly not me ! I don't really like normality Toung )

Ahah yes i think so Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !   Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies and Gentlemen and Others... hello !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
David Bowie :: Announcements :: Introductions-
Jump to: