David Bowie

A David Bowie Forum.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Any musicians out there?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
avatar


PostSubject: Any musicians out there?   Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:54 pm

I have noticed that a lot of you are musicians when I read your "introductions"
So I created a topic where we can talk about music Smile
Which instruments do you play? Are your music inspired by Bowie? Do you have a website where we can listen to your music? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michaela
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:43 pm

I can't play any instruments. Although many years ago I did learn clarinet for a bit.
I do have a guitar, but can't play it properly, however I can play Guitar Hero!

_________________
Rebel rebel, your've torn you dress.

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MichaelaGoodson
David Bowie Updates on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BowieUpdates
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://davidbowieforum.forumotion.com
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:03 am

haha yes! that's great! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyStardust
Queen Bitch
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:21 am

I can play a bit of piano, I'm working on my Grade 3 Jazz now Smile
I'd love to learn to play guitar, I will get round to it one day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:16 am

Nice Smile
I really need some help... I'm gonna have an audition for a band this friday, and I really need to find a song which contains quite much piano... It has to be easy enough to learn in 2 days and difficult enough to impress the band... Like life on mars, but I have already played that one... Does anyone know a good song? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isolar
Queen Bitch
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:20 am

I have mastered guitar hero! I love that!! ^_^
I know how to play Life On Mars on the piano, my mum taught me.. ^_^ she can play well.
And smoke on the water on base and some chords on acustic, but im going to get better when i elect music for my subject for next year! =3 yay!
Also for music we have to make a band at school.... I'm going to call it 'Squeedgie'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Isolar wrote:
I have mastered guitar hero! I love that!! ^_^
I know how to play Life On Mars on the piano, my mum taught me.. ^_^ she can play well.
And smoke on the water on base and some chords on acustic, but im going to get better when i elect music for my subject for next year! =3 yay!
Also for music we have to make a band at school.... I'm going to call it 'Squeedgie'

Nice Smile is it some kind of music school? I attend music high school, but it's almost only opera and beethoven Toung But I get great music education so it great Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isolar
Queen Bitch
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:15 am

MissNewKillerStar wrote:
Isolar wrote:
I have mastered guitar hero! I love that!! ^_^
I know how to play Life On Mars on the piano, my mum taught me.. ^_^ she can play well.
And smoke on the water on base and some chords on acustic, but im going to get better when i elect music for my subject for next year! =3 yay!
Also for music we have to make a band at school.... I'm going to call it 'Squeedgie'

Nice Smile is it some kind of music school? I attend music high school, but it's almost only opera and beethoven Toung But I get great music education so it great Smile
It's not quite a music school, I go to a Technology school.... =3
Though, we have everything we need for music players and stuff at my school, its awesome. We have our own little recording room! ^_^ My friends and I once snuck out of the classroom while we were supposed to be taking guitar lessons, and went into the recording room and locked the door, I plugged in a microphone and some guitars, then handed them to my friends to play lol! xD it was so much fun, but we got in a bit of trouble.
Dillon was singing a wierd song while playing an acoustic guitar, I couldn't stop laughing...
Of course, I had a go too, I smashed the drum kit and sang...... 0.0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isolar
Queen Bitch
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:17 am

I also snoop around and join Sinead on the piano... ^_^ Or her saxophone.... =D joy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:32 pm

hihi sounds fun Very Happy
can you play all those instruments? :o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isolar
Queen Bitch
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:08 pm

I can play drums, I am still learning piano but I know the basics of it. And I know the basics of Bass guitar and acoustic, for some reason Miss won't let us near the actual electric guitars yet... =3
I love bass guitar! =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Nice Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LainyEmma
Absolute Beginner
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:38 am

I play guitar and sing. Singing I get lessons and this year I decided to teach myself guitar. David Bowie inspired me to begin to sing and play guitar.

Next year I am going to get viola lessons too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://budgi-e.deviantart.com/
MissNewKillerStar
Diamond Dog
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:07 am

LainyEmma wrote:
I play guitar and sing. Singing I get lessons and this year I decided to teach myself guitar. David Bowie inspired me to begin to sing and play guitar.

Next year I am going to get viola lessons too.

I really wanna play voila too! Cause I can play a lot of different instruments but nothing like that so I would love to learn cello or viola Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelman
Aladdin Sane
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:34 am

How did your band audition go, MissNewKillerStar?


I myself sing in a db cover band of sorts, although as of yet we are a two-man piece - me and a friend on keyboard. Within a week or so, however, I'll start advertising for more band members. That'll be very interesting and a little bitt scary, heh heh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Any musicians out there?   

Back to top Go down
 
Any musicians out there?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Best and Worst Day Jobs for Musicians
» Your Favorite J-Musicians!
» What would SCANDAL be if they were not musicians?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
David Bowie :: Non David Bowie :: Other-
Jump to: